Those who live with a chronic pain condition know how physically and emotionally draining it can be. Whether from CRPS, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, or diabetic nerve pain, many chronic pain patients see their career and relationships suffer, as well as feelings of self-blame, pity, and isolation. Over 100 million Americans suffer from a chronic pain condition, a truly staggering number.
Recently, Psychology Today published an article with 20 tips for coping with chronic pain and living your best life. Written by Toni Bernhard, the author of Chronic Pain & Illness: A Mindful Guide, the article describes some effective, holistic ways to cope with the symptoms of chronic pain and continue living the happy and amazing life you were meant to live. Here are some of our favorite pieces of advice:
1. Remember that knowing when you need help and learning to ask for it is not a weakness; rather it is a sign of great courage.
2. Do not let those with negative energy and words affect your life. Keep only those who are supportive around you.
3. Try not to worry about what other people think of your condition. Instead, focus on your goals, dreams and own life. After all, you only have one…
4. Avoid jealousy and envy to the best of your ability, and practice being happy for others instead of feeling anger and self-pity. In the end, these feelings serve only to hurt yourself.
5. Even with the pain in your body, you are wondrous—a miracle in and of itself.
As far as treatment is concerned, there are a variety of avenues you may explore such as opioid prescription, talk therapy, acupuncture, and ketamine infusions. A combination of psychotherapy and medication may help as well. One of the main issues in treating chronic pain is the opioid crisis and a sky-high addiction rate. Ketamine infusions can help patients avoid opioid addiction while effectively reducing the symptoms of chronic pain for up to six months at a time. Ketamine is highly regulated and not generally permitted for take-home use. Because the drug is administered under close medical supervision, the risk of abuse or psychological addiction significantly decreases. Medical professionals have seen ketamine infusions provide fast and effective relief from a variety of physical and emotional chronic pain symptoms. This relief has allowed many individuals suffering from chronic pain to get back to their personal journeys, loved ones and the hobbies they cannot live without.
Contact Miracle Hills Ketamine
If you are one of those suffering from any of the above chronic pain symptoms or conditions, contact our Omaha ketamine clinic to schedule a free consultation. You may be a candidate for ketamine for chronic pain.